We have a well-developed Science policy with a detailed scheme of work that helps the children to understand both the practical and theoretical approaches to science. We are well-equipped with Science resources in order to encourage independent learning with a focus on developing the investigative skills. The National Curriculum is split into two components: Working Scientifically and Scientific Knowledge and Conceptual Understanding. The key objectives in the teaching of Science are for all our children:
- To ask and answer scientific questions.
- To plan and carry out scientific investigations.
- To know about life processes.
- To know about materials, electricity, light, sound and natural forces.
- To know about the nature of the solar system including earth.
- To know how to evaluate evidence and to present conclusions both clearly and accurately.